- Activities And Methodologies
- Long Term Potential Benefits
Music education means the development of instrumental skills and understanding of music, but also education in creativity, respect for rules, listening to others, a whole series of transversal elements, typical of each discipline.
Music supports and accompanies young people to deal with difficult tensions: individualization, autonomy, relationship with others and with themselves. Rap was chosen because it is in tune with parkour and has a very high degree of diffusion in the partner countries among the younger ones.
As for Parkour, according to a recent methodology developed by Natalia Ivanova, a Danish professor of physical education, her philosophy demands not only to challenge herself but to develop the best behavior: drugs and alcohol can give a distorted view of things, Parkour teaches to calculate far distances, to have a concentration and a definite perception of reality. Rap and Parkour can also help young people understand each place as a place, a place to practice, preserving it from destructive acts, becoming a way to combat vandalism in cities, which produces significant monetary damages.
- develop effective methods to reach marginalised youngsters, promoting inclusion, emancipation,participation and active citizenship of youngsters with less opportunities and at risk of social exclusion,
- promote first rate social/educational activities aimed at supporting the capacities and professionaldevelopment of the educators and of the youth workers to improve the learning of those that come from disadvantaged contexts.
- 9 youth workers: 3 IT, 3 PT, 3 FR
- 18 youngsters: 6 IT, 6 PT, 6 FR
- a social platform,
- an educational/documentary film.
One workshop in Italy and two courses in Portugal and France, all transnational, will be used to test the methodologies developed.
The participants of the courses will set up multiplier events and performances in Italy, Portugal and France.
The main results that we want to obtain are to:
- Improve the quality of the opportunities for youth education,
- Support the trans-sectorial and trans-national dialogue and collaboration to promote the socialinclusion of youngsters,
- Increase the skills of youth workers,
- Render the methodology obtained a European reference product in terms of specifications,significance and use,
- Increase the number of courses that use the methodology, both those organised by the partnersand those organised in the respective countries.
- skills and opportunities for professional development of the youth workers,
- understanding and response to the physical and sensorial differences and predispositions,
- empowerment of youngsters that run the risk of social exclusion,
- synergies and relations between the different sectors of education, training and youth at thenational level.